Saturday, September 20th
START TIMES FOR RACES
Bubba Gumps Front Street Mile will start at
3:00pm in front of the Bubba Gumps Restaurant, Front Street, Lahaina.***
PACKET PICK UP
Each athlete must pick up their race packet either at the Maui Marathon Expo at the Ka’anapali Westin :
|Saturday, Friday 19th:||12:00pm-6:00pm***|
OR, at the Maui Theater, Lahaina at :
|Saturday, September 20th:||1:00pm-2:45pm***|
Any race changes must be done before race start, and there will be no changes afterword.
Public parking is available throughout the Front Street area adjacent to the Start / Finish line. Please be courteous.
Goodie Bag includes:
-Bib number with timing strip fixed to it. Pins for bib number.
-Official Bubba Gumps Front Street Mile t-shirt
-Coupons and other items from sponsors
Race Bib instructions:
1. Make sure bib is fixed in the front of your body not in the back.
2. Make sure it is visible to race officials when on course and coming through finish line. If not visible, your time or placement will not be accurate.
3. Make sure your bib has your name on it and if you have any medical concerns race officials should know, please put in back of bib.
RACE DAY CHECKLIST
- Stay hydrated so drink water and Powerade
- Know time schedule and make sure schedule did not change
- Arrive on time to start line
- Warm up properly
- Make sure you have race bib on correctly in front of body
- Make sure you have emergency contact with you.
- Run smart and don’t over do it
- Have fun and take pictures if you want!!!
GETTING TO START LINE
Shuttle busses from the Ka’anapali Westin will leave for Front Street Lahaina at 2:00pm***. Please reserve your bus seat in advance either at the marathon expo, or send e-mail to “firstname.lastname@example.org”.
FINISH LINE WILL HAVE
Finish line will have water. You may also bring a little money for there will be other items to buy at the finish line.
We will also have Marathon Foto taking pictures after you finish. You may purchase them online a few days after the race is done.
Smoking will not be allowed near the finish line area. Please adhere to this request.
RACE ETIQUETTE AND POLICIES
- The use of iPods and mp3 players are discouraged in all races for the safety of all participants
- Always follow the directions of all race officials and emergency service personnel
- Slower runners or walkers must start from the rear of the field
- Races will start with youngest age groups first
- Be aware of your surroundings and traffic
- Keep to the left of the course to allow people to pass on the right
- Wheel chair athletes are welcome, but must be approved prior to entering
- No running in the opposite direction at any time
- Use of vehicles to take you to finish line and finishing through the finish chute is prohibited
RACE TIMING AND RESULTS
The timing company used will be Racewire. Chip timing will be place in bib number. If you lose or do not put on bib number, you will not be timed. Results will be posted at results table post race and online right after event.
FINISHER MEDALS/FINISHERS SHIRT
A commemorative finisher medal will be given to the top ten (10) finishers in each age group as they come through the finish line. Finishers shirt can be picked up at the Maui Marathon Expo on Friday, or at the Lahaina Maui Theater on Saturday 1:00pm-2:45pm.
*** Published event details including start times and locations, under certain circumstances, may be changed without notice at race management’s discretion. Many events are limited in maximum participation. To ensure your inclusion and minimize delays, please register and arrive on-time or early for your event.