Saturday, September 20th
START TIMES FOR RACES
The 16th annual Maui Tacos 5K will start at
Whaler’s Village Shopping Center at 8:00am.***
Please be clear on with the times you will be running. It is recommended that you arrive to the race one hour before your race starts, and to the start area at least 20 minutes before the gun goes. If you are not at the start area when the gun is fired, you may not be allowed to start.
PACKET PICK UP
Each athlete must pick up their race packet at the Westin Resort and Spa at the Valley Isle Ballroom during the Health and Fitness Expo at the following times:
|Friday, September 19th:||12:00pm-6:00pm***|
Any race changes must be done during Health and Fitness Expo hours. There will be no changes after expo hours.
Parking will be at the Whalers Village parking structure, but at the standard parking rate. Additional parking is available
Goodie Bag includes:
-Bib number with timing strip fixed to it. Pins for bib number.
-Coupons and other items from sponsors
Race Bib instructions:
1. Make sure bib is fixed in the front of your body not in the back.
2. Make sure it is visible to race officials when on course and coming through finish line. If not visible, your time or placement will not be accurate.
3. Make sure your bib has your name on it and if you have any medical concerns race officials should know, please put in back of bib.
RACE DAY CHECKLIST
- Stay hydrated so drink water and Powerade
- Know time schedule and make sure schedule did not change
- Arrive on time to start line
- Warm up properly
- Use the aid stations on the course
- Use toilets on course if you need to
- Make sure you have race bib on correctly in front of body
- Make sure you have emergency contact with you.
- Run smart and don’t over do it
- Have fun and take pictures if you want!!!
GETTING TO START LINE
Shuttle Busses will be available from Queen Ka’ahumanu Center to the Westin Ka’anapali (adjacent to Whaler’s Village start area), leaving Queen Ka’ahumanu Center at 3:45am***.
FINISH LINE WILL HAVE
Finish line will have fruit, and water available as you cross the finish line. You may also bring a little money for there will be other items to buy at the finish line.
We will also have Marathon Foto taking pictures after you finish. You may purchase them online a few days after the race is done.
If you have not purchased Maui Marathon merchandise or wanted to purchase more, you may do so after the race close to the finish line area.
We will have an Info Booth available if you have any questions for both English and Japanese runners to give you information about post event schedule and activities.
Post race clothing pickup will be available at the finish line. Please look for sign to pick up your belongings. If belongings are not picked up after race, they will be donated to a charity organization or thrown away 72 hours after event.
Smoking will not be allowed near the finish line area. Please adhere to this request.
RACE DAY AND HEALTH AND FITNESS EXPO ENTERTAINMENT SCHEDULE
To be announced one month prior to event
Powerade will be the official drink of the the Maui Marathon. It will be at all 20 aid stations on the course. Please train with it if you can. This drink will help replenish the electrolytes that you lose while out on the course and sweating. Flavor will be fruit flavor.
RACE ETIQUETTE AND POLICIES
- The use of iPods and mp3 players are discouraged in all races for the safety of all participants
- Always follow the directions of all race officials and emergency service personnel
- Slower runners or walkers must start from the rear of the field
- Be aware of your surroundings and traffic
- Keep to the left of the course to allow people to pass on the right
- Wheel chair athletes are welcome, but must be approved prior to entering
- No running in the opposite direction at all times
- Use of vehicles to take you to finish line and finishing through the finish chute is prohibited
RACE TIMING AND RESULTS
The timing company used will be Racewire. Chip timing will be place in bib number. If you lose or do not put on bib number, you will not be timed. Results will be posted at results table post race and online right after event.
FINISHER MEDALS/FINISHERS SHIRT
A commemorative finisher medal will be given to all runners as they come through the finish line. Finishers shirt can be picked up at the Health And Fitness Expo on Friday and Saturday.
*** Published event details including start times and locations, under certain circumstances, may be changed without notice at race management’s discretion. Many events are limited in maximum participation. To ensure your inclusion and minimize delays, please register and arrive on-time or early for your event.